KREOLE ROCK AND SOUL ARTIST
PRE-ORDER THE NEW CD TODAY!!
KICK ROCKS DANCE STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
I AM Kreole Rock and Soul!
The Ardoin name is truly Creole/Zydeco royalty.
The legacy started with legendary Creole musician Amedee’ Ardoin, the first Louisiana Cajun or Creole accordionist to record; followed by Bois Sec Ardoin, one of the best-known practitioners of the state's rural Creole sound for six decades, to Sean's father, Lawrence "Black" Ardoin and the Ardoin Brothers, then to Sean.
He co-lead the critically-acclaimed Zydeco outfit Double Clutchin' for 10 years, then started Sean Ardoin + Zydekool's in 1999. He has performed at Carnegie Hall, festivals worldwide and stateside, performed live on BET’s Comic View, been featured in commercials, had his music in movies and on MTV's Road Rules, Real World, Fraternity Life, Sorority Life and was recently featured in Queen Sugar on Oprah Winfrey's OWN Network, and performed live on Southern Charm New Orleans Bravo TV reality show not yet released.
Sean represents both the rural roots and progressive future of Louisiana's Creole-Zydeco sound like no other artist. He's truly one of Zydeco's "triple threats." He's a rare combination of tradition, talent and creativity. He also works hard to keep the tradition alive with his super group Creole United and founded the Creole Hall of Fame in order to recognize the Creole contribution
to the world. Sean is finishing up his new cd "Kreole Rock and Soul." The cd has the same name as the genre he created. Sean sees it as a way to escape the confines of the traditional Zydeco idiom. He's always been a cutting edge creative force, but this new genre will enable him to fly free and explore this new genre's bright future. Sean is ready to bring the Kreole Rock and Soul experience to world!!!
Some of my accomplishments while I've been enjoying this momentous ride are as follows...
- Carnegie Hall performance for 100th anniversary
- Kennedy Center and Library of Congress performances
- National Mall 4th of July Show
- performance on the TV show Queen Sugar on Oprah's OWN network
- Governing board of the Memphis Chapter of the Recording Academy
- Play festivals, concert halls, and corporate events in the US, Mexico, Australia, England, Scotland, Wales, Sweden, Italy, Brazil, Netherlands and Japan
- Live performance on BET's Comic View New Orleans Series
- music featured on MTV, VH1, BET in movies and in commercials
- Perform on the upcoming season of BRAVO TV's Southern Charm New Orleans
- 15 internationally released cd's
- Write, Produce, and appear as a feature on other artist's projects
- Amazon.com Top 100 cd's of 2001, Ebony Magazine New and Noteworthy cd, Best of the Beat award winner, Creole INC award winner, ZBT award nominee, Black Heritage award winner
RECENT TV APPEARANCE
SEAN ARDOIN APPEARANCES AND MUSIC FEATURES IN TV
SEAN ARDOIN IS ENDORSED BY THESE BRANDS
SEAN IN THE NEWS
In the Spotlight
Back Talk: Sean Ardoin on Why Zydeco Makes Him “Happy”
Offbeat Magazine – June 1, 2014
Will the real Sean Ardoin please stand up? Ardoin carries the most historic name in zydeco, yet he’s a chameleon of relentless reinvention that’s starting to bear big fruit.
Sean is the grandson of Creole accordion legend Alphonse “Bois Sec” Ardoin, whose cousin Amede’ recorded songs in the 1920s and ’30s that many consider to be the seeds of zydeco and Cajun music. In the 1990s, Sean, his brother Chris and their Double Clutchin’ Band added modern-R&B flavors to zydeco that had young Creoles dancing and imitating in the studio. [Read the full story]
Sean Ardoin is one “Happy” musician. Ardoin has a zydeco cover of the Pharrell Williams megahit, a No. 1 song in 24 countries, which also includes snippets of Janelle’s Monae’s “Tightrope.” A new video of Ardoin’s “Zydeco Happy” features iconic people and places in his hometown of Lake Charles. It received 20,000 views on YouTube in the first 48 hours of its release in late May. As of early this week, the video was at 34,000 views and climbing. [Read the full story]
Sean Ardoin is Zydeco Happy in Lake Charles
KPLC-TV – May 28, 2014
Sean Ardoin and ZydeKool have released a zydeco version of Pharrell’s hit song “Happy.” Shot in Ardoin’s hometown of Lake Charles, KPLC 7 News anchor Cynthia Arceneaux and Mayor Randy Roach each make an appearance in the video. [Watch the video]